Medical Malpractice has become a very serious problem. As the 5th leading cause of death, it kills more patients each year than pneumonia, diabetes, or Alzheimer's. We define medical error as a mistake made by a health care professional. This mistake may result in injury or death. Medical Malpractice usually happens when the medical standards of practice are not met. When medical standards are met, such errors rarely occur. When a medical professional fails to act according to these standards, it is considered negligence.
Examples of medical errors include:
- Failure to use sterilized, proper, or functioning equipment.
- Failure to perform surgery on the correct site.
- Failure to interpret lab results correctly.
- Failure to provide a prompt and accurate diagnosis.
- Failure to provide recommendations or proper treatment in a timely fashion.
- Failure to provide the necessary tests, evaluation, and follow-up on procedures.
- Failure to administer the correct medication or dosage.
Hospitals can be held liable for medical errors that occur, either within their facilities or as a result of their medical professional staff’s actions or negligence. R. Steven Baker at the Nursing Home Law Group has both the experience and expertise to help you receive the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has suffered harm related to Medical Malpractice, please don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free consultation during which you can learn more about your legal rights and options.